Armed Drones: President Obama's Favorite Weapon
You're free to republish or share any of our articles (either in part or in full), which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Our only requirement is that you give Ammo.com appropriate credit by linking to the original article. Spread the word; knowledge is power!
During his time in office, President Barack Obama received much credit for drawing down American involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, but less attention was paid to his administration's embrace of armed drones.
His expansion of covert drone strikes went far beyond that of former President George W. Bush, and has since blurred the line between warfare and assassination. The classified processes used by the White House for approving these remote killings in foreign countries – countries with which the U.S. is not officially at war – has people questioning not only the Obama administration's tactics, but also the collateral damage of civilian casualties left in its wake.
- More Than 2,400 Dead As Obama's Drone Campaign Marks Five Years
- 41 Men Targeted But 1,147 People Killed: US Drone Strikes – The Facts On The Ground
- Fact-Checking The War Comparisons Between Obama And Bush
- The Assassination Complex: Secret Military Documents Expose The Inner Workings Of Obama's Drone Wars - The Drone Papers
- The Year In Drones
- Drone Strikes In Pakistan
- List Of Drone Strikes In Yemen
- Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn Of Africa
- The Stealth Expansion Of A Secret U.S. Drone Base In Africa
- Obama-Led Drone Strikes Kill Innocents 90% Of The Time: Report
- U.S. Drones Not So Precise
- Most U.S. Drone Strikes In Pakistan Attack Houses
- The Assassination Complex: Inside The Government's Secret Drone Warfare Program
- Obama Misled The Public On Drones
- A Visual Glossary: Decoding The Language Of Covert Warfare
- The Story Of America's Very First Drone Strike
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'Killed In US-Led Air Strikes In Syria'
- US Drone Strike In Pakistan Kills Taliban Leader Mullah Mansoor
- Officials: White House OKs Expanded Afghanistan Airstrikes
Ammo.com's Resistance Library: Infographics
- Are Guns & Ammo The New Gold? Why More Americans Are Arming Themselves
- The Greatest Gun Salesman In America: President Barack Obama
- Shooting Straight: How Both Presidential Candidates Have Changed On Gun Control
- President Obama: (Still) The Greatest Gun Salesman in America
- An Inconvenient Truth: How The Obama Administration Became Earth's Largest Arms Dealer
- Armed Drones: President Obama's Weapon of Choice
- COVID-19 Data Study: Ammunition Sales Continue to Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic